ICLEI – Local Governments for Sustainability – Africa is expanding its multi-disciplinary professional team through offering exciting new opportunities to experienced practitioners and technical experts in the field of urban development and sustainability at ICLEI Africa’s Head Office in Cape Town. These professionals will provide advanced technical services and support to our growing network of cities, sub-national governments and local government associations across Africa. As part of our multi-disciplinary teams they will engage with national governments, international development partners, the private sector and our other ICLEI offices around the world.
– Relevant Master’s Degree or equivalent professional qualification in the urban development field such as spatial / urban planning, engineering, environmental management, international development or business development
– 6+ year’s relevant post-graduate work experience, preferably in Sub-Saharan Africa
– 3+ years of relevant project / programme management experience
– advanced knowledge of, and expertise in, the design and implementation of sustainable, resilient and low carbon urban solutions
– Valid Code 8 (RSA) or equivalent international driver’s license
– Non-South Africa applicants: Valid passport and South African work permit
– Additional language skills (French, Swahili preferable)
– Willingness and ability to travel extensively
– Excellent relevant writing, presentation, computer, social media and associated communication skills
– Ability to work independently at various levels, as well as ability and proven skills to both lead and form part of diverse, multi-skilled professional teams
– Ability to build and maintain partnerships
– Ability to add creative and organisational value to existing and new urban development projects and programmes
– Proven ability to successfully build partnerships and secure resources for existing and new programmes and projects
– Excellent work ethic, organisational skills and time management
Your application should include a motivational letter, comprehensive CV, certified copies of your identity document or passport, South African work permit if applicable, full academic records, proof of professional affiliations/ memberships and proof of current income. Please forward your application to ICLEI Africa, via e-mail, marked for the attention of: Ms Louise Naude, Chief Operations Officer.
Please visit www.iclei.org for more information about ICLEI.
Closing Date: 12h00, 31 October 2014
No late applications will be considered.
If no notification of appointment is received within one month of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.
Kindly note that applications will not be acknowledged in writing and that copies of supporting documents will not be returned. Please quote the title of the vacancy in all communications.