ACCI aims will draw on the specific challenges and opportunities related to Circular Economy in several African City contexts as well as local stakeholder’s visions for a circular city, discovered through engagement and learning with local actors and stakeholders.
This will inform the design of the trainings, workshops, products and forum. To do this, the following actions will be taken:
- Share and disseminate examples and opportunities of CE in Africa drawing on the co-authored paper series – Circular Economy in Africa: Opportunities and Examples – and ongoing city engagements.
- Invite 15 African cities into a training and peer-learning programme to share their perspectives on circular economy with each other, to identify shared and unique barriers and opportunities to circular transitions in these contexts, ahead of the World Circular Economy Forum to be hosted in Rwanda in October 2022
- Develop a Circular City Actions framework with one city, as well as a methodological guidance note for conducting similar processes in other cities.
- Develop and share case studies and/or policy briefs from 15 Cities
- Circularity baselining and visioning exercise each city.