CoM SSA is currently in its implementation phase, assisting cities to unlock climate finance through three pillars:
- SEACAP Development: Offering tailored capacity building and support to cities in developing their SEACAPs, in line with national policies, plans and reporting requirements.
- Infrastructure project support: Providing support for the implementation of planned energy projects, and climate mitigation and adaptation projects. This entails guidance on the technical, financial and economic feasibility of the projects, as well as background studies for the preparation of projects and facilitating links to financiers.
- City-to-city/regional partnerships: Relying on GCoM’s international network of more than 9,000 cities and CoM SSA’s network of 200178+ cities to facilitate partnerships between cities and regions. This is realised through learning exchanges, programmes and capacity building events at the regional and/or international level.
CoM SSA’s current objectives:
- 15 cities with developed or improved SEACAPs
- 16 projects in financing pipeline with private sector, banks and financial institutions
- 160 EUR million mobilized for climate and energy projects
- 220,000 tons CO 2 emission reduction potential for 15 years following implementation