Urban natural assets for Africa handbook series: Introduction
Related ICLEI Pathway(s)
HIGHLIGHTS FROM THIS HANDBOOK
The ICLEI Cities Biodiversity Center (CBC), a global centre hosted by ICLEI Africa, developed this series of handbooks to showcase key considerations for integrating urban natural assets into city planning and decision-making processes in sub-Saharan Africa. All insights and learnings profiled were gathered through the design and execution of the Urban Natural Assets for Africa (UNA) programme (see pg. 4), which is currently being implemented in eight cities across six countries.
WHO SHOULD CONSULT THIS HANDBOOK?
- The target audience for this handbook series includes the following bodies and professionals:
- Funder and donor institutions
- Organisations working on sustainability and development issues in Africa
- City officials (planning, environment, engineers, developers and related disciplines)
- City officials (economists, finance and procurement departments)
- National government officials (planning, environment, engineers, developers, economists, and finance and procurement disciplines)
- Academic researchers (and related organisations)