INTERACT-Bio aims to:
- Connect national and subnational government decision-makers to work together towards integrating biodiversity considerations into city-region planning and decisions.
- Strengthen the capacity of city-regions to integrate biodiversity and nature-based solutions into land use, infrastructure and development planning, and to develop supporting policy instruments.
- Mainstream biodiversity considerations across sectors at the subnational and national level.
In doing so, INTERACT-Bio will:
- Promote nature-based solutions as economically sound and sustainable investment options.
- Demonstrate the effectiveness of nature-based city-region development through pilot projects.
- Multiply nature-based approaches by connecting city-regions with one another, and by building capacity and raising awareness that nature offers significant value in an urban context.