This project is currently in the Detailed Preparation Phase (DPP) or pre-implementation phase. The DPP includes the following key actions:
- Fully develop the e-moto transport finance facility which include two financial support mechanisms, namely a guarantee fund and a revolving loan facility targeted at moto drivers and moto manufacturers respectively.
- Confirming the electric motorcycle business model to ensure its near term viability for mass market deployment
- Design technical support programme which includes refining technical interventions based on a thorough market barriers analysis.
- Conduct Environmental, Social and Gender analysis for e-mobility in Rwanda, and develop an action plan for gender inclusion and mitigation measures to safeguard against potential negative socio-environmental impacts.
- Perform a waste management review and develop a waste monitoring framework for ICE motos and e-waste disposal, reuse and recycling.
- Conduct rigorous stakeholder engagements with policy makers, regulators, utility providers, private sector operators, financing institutions, informal transport associations and end-users to inform the e-mobility programme.